Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hawaii

I have been a slacker about blogging, but I am finally blogging about our trip to Hawaii at the end of August. We had a fantastic time in Hawaii but before we left it was a little rocky. For months we had been planning on leaving the 20th of August. I frequently checked travelocity to find the lowest rate. One day the rates had dropped so I booked our trip. As I sat at work the day before our trip I tried to check in online and found that somehow I had actually booked our trip for the 21st! We were both pretty upset about leaving later but it actually turned out well and enjoyed our day together and had fun getting ready.


Waiting to take our boat ride the the USS Arizona


We took a tour of the USS Missouri.

Our view from the hotel room. We were on the 23rd floor but we did not have an ocean view, but it was still a great view.

One of our first days there we drove around the coast. We stopped at a view point were the waves were crashing over the rocks. It was awesome.



On the top of Diamond head. One of the most popular hikes near Waikiki

View from Diamond Head

As Chris and I were planning our day we decided to do a waterfall more in the center of the island. We had a great book of attractions and some rough maps. On the map it showed what looked like a short hike. Chris asked if I wanted to do it before we went to the waterfall and I said sure. Well I don't know how long the hike was but its destination was one of the highest peaks in Hawaii. The peak below is what we hiked. We did not end up going to the waterfall after that, but it was a beautiful view.

The Hawaiian Temple

Our first attempt at body surfing. It was a blast. I think it only took the rest of the trip to get all of the sand out of my hair from getting slammed into the beach.





Cliff jumping


Chris's backflip


Turtle Beach. We loved seeing the sea turtles up close. We even got to feed them some lettuce. I tried to look at the camera but I could not because I was afraid the turtle would bite my hand trying to get to the lettuce.



1 comment:

  1. Part 1 looks like so much fun too! The cliff you jumped off of looked so tall...that would have been so scary! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete