Sunday, November 7, 2010

Washington DC visit

My brother Kevin's wife Ashley had their second little boy on September 19th. I love all of my nieces and nephews and decided that I needed to make a trip to visit my brother and his cute little family. Chris was in the thick of school so he could not make the trip with me. Luckily, he is a great husband and he let me go have fun with my family without him. I booked my flight for the 27th of February and then by chance Chris had an interview with Ernst and Young in DC and he flew out the same day. We wanted to try and extend his ticket so that he could stay in DC with us a couple of days but it did not work out because he had to fly to Dallas TX on Thursday for another interview. We were able to meet up with Chris on Thursday for a couple of hours before his flight to Dallas. We picked him up from his interview and drove to an area by the airport. My brother got off work early and met us for lunch. I'm glad Chris got to see my family and the kids even though it was just for a couple of hours. Below are a bunch of pictures from my trip.


My Adorable nephews. Pierce is on the left and Tyson is on the right


Pierce doesn't suck his thumb very much except when you want to take a picture. The instant the camera comes out the thumb goes into his mouth. This is me trying to keep that thumb out.


Pierce loves, and I mean loves, balls. He is 19 months old and he can name every ball you give him. We were driving in the car and he found a golf ball and he said golf. I looked over at him surprised he even knew that one.

Sadly, I did not take any pictures of the event but they blessed Tyson while I was there. It was great to be present for my brothers sweet blessing of his son.

Below are a few pictures of baby Tyson.



Ashley says Tyson always looks scared or confused when he is awake. You can see that expression in this picture. Scared but adorable!


My brother and sister-in-law. I wish we lived closer!

Halloween fun. The two cute cows!!


Three of my old college friends and roommates live in the DC area. We planned a get together while I was in town and it was sooooo good to see them. It has been over four years since I have seen some of them. Clark is the boy on the left. He was in our freshman ward and he lives in Philly and was randomly in DC for the weekend. It worked out perfect.


My friend Anne, on the left, lives in the heart of DC. We took a stroll together and sat and talked in front of the nations capitol.


My mom went out to see the baby and help out for three weeks. Our trips overlapped the entire time. It was great to spend a lot of time with her as well. My dad came out about half way through my trip. I was silly and did not take any pictures with or of my mom, darn it, but I did take a couple of pictures of my dad with pierce.


My last morning with my nephew. Isn't he just the cutest!!


I am going to miss them all. Of course I will miss the baby and my brother and sister-in-law, but this little boy stole my heart. I love his energy, the way he talks, and how says my name and Chris's name. I hope he doesn't forget me too fast. A big thanks to my wonderful brother and sister-in-law for letting me crash at their house and for entertaining me. I love them all so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been quite the traveler lately! Your Hawaii pictures are so much fun. Makes me want to go! Let us know when you want to come to england! Hope you're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete